Saturday, October 31, 2020

The View from the Hermitage, Day 230

This will be a short one because I'd like to do a couple of worthwhile things before changing into Rex for the trick or treating reveal. I did make the October goal of walking 304.2 miles set by my Apple Watch. On my long walk, I stopped at one point and came in for some heating pad time. I went back out and finished accompanied by Son #1 and The Family Dog. I have no idea what the November goal might be, but if it won't give me some time to get my back healed, I'll just write it off. They don't do similar goals from one month to the next, so it won't be another walk so many miles things. Stay tuned for details tomorrow.

The state covid-19 numbers for the last few days are enough to make you sit down in disbelief. The seven-day rolling average posted this morning is 1,260, The highest number we have had including the ones right after case numbers from some days were added to the wrong day. If the numbers keep rising, I would not be surprised if at least one region of the state is going to get some tighter restrictions. We most assuredly do not have the novel coronavirus under control here.

Finally, my mom's facility notified families that there were a few more positive cases from this past week's testing. Also, one resident died, though it is not clear to what extent covid-19 was the or a cause. 

RAWR!

1 comment:

Caroline M said...

I hope the child scaring went well and that the weather was kind.

What is this "control" of which you speak? We're back to a month of closures, no meeting inside, only meet one person outside but schools and universities will remain open. I will consider it a win if we get through this without civil disobedience. For small shops selling other than food this will be the final straw, they will have to shut again missing a month of sales on the run up to Christmas. Test and Trace are contacting 60% of contacts (the local teams run by councils not central goverrnment have a contact rate in excess of 90%) and apparantly less than 20% of people told to isolate do so for the full period.

The only good point at the moment is that we have a month of certainty rather than not knowing what we are doing from one week to the other.