Saturday, October 24, 2020

The View from the Hermitage, Day 223

Once again, I had a plan for today's post. It included photos even. It flew out the window when I awoke to the news that my mom tested positive for covid-19. She's asymptomatic and in strict quarantine for 14 days. Anyone coming into her room wears full protective gear. She retains her sense of humor, laughing when I told her that yesterday's result meant she contributed to the new national record of number of cases in one day. She assured me that she would not die before the election results were in because she wanted to see The Orange Foolius lose.

She's in a very good place. I have no complaints about how the facility is handling things. I haven't seen her since early March, but it's been better for both of us that way. I certainly couldn't see her now. There's nothing I can do, so I'm trying not to let it get to me too much. Hoo hoo! I can add a photo after all. I've been coping by playing with doll parts.

I put this photo up on Facebook and asked if anyone had ideas. One person suggested I double the number of appendages and see what I could come up with. I checked my stash of doll body parts, and found two more sets of appendages in approximately the right size. I'm going to go down to my studio now and see what I can come up with. 

And tomorrow I'll see about using those other photos.


1 comment:

Caroline M said...

If she'd not been tested then she wouldn't have known she had the virus.Hopefully she just has to wait out her quarantine period whilst not being ill.

I saw a report today that said only 10% of people here who are told to isolate do so for the full 14 days. This is presumably why our lockdowns aren't working.