Monday, September 12, 2022

The Road goes ever on and on ... Day 410 (910)

I tested positive again this morning, eight days in. I figured I might given the lack of energy upon getting up. My chest is still congested, too, though it's my upper chest not the lower. I'd read that one of the reasons the Omicron strains are milder than the earlier strains is that they hit the upper rather than lower chest. I'd have to support that observation. I keep thinking of little things I should do or feel as if I should do, but I can't motivate myself to get up and do them. I just want to be, not to do. I'll test again tomorrow morning and add that test strip to the growing pile.

The Professor still feels tired but returned to the grounds of The Local University and taught in person after four lectures he taped here or did via Zoom. He assures me that he wore a mask as did some of the students. He says that he's still getting emails from students reporting they will be or have been absent because of covid. We may well have moved into the "not if but when" world of covid. 

I have been glancing at news websites and emails. While there has been plenty of news about the death of the Queen, the US Open tennis tournament, and the Ukrainian counteroffensive, there hasn't been much about covid. It makes me wonder if there will be materials on which to take notes when I again have the energy to do so. I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Janet said...

It was day 10 before I tested negative. Hang in there! If symptoms reappear, keep testing and get another prescription if needed. I have sinus stuffiness but have tested negative two+ weeks out.