Sunday, September 11, 2022

The Road goes ever on and on ... Day 409 (909)

I'll do another test tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I feel a bit better probably because I slept a bit better last night. The Professor and The Family Dog got me outside yesterday afternoon for a very slow walk. That may have helped on last night's sleep front. I still feel very drained, though. Interestingly, today I have also felt cold even wearing multiple layers and lying under a quilt. I expect my body will tell me when it's better.

Looking at the coverage of the Queen's death and the mourning going on, the lack of masks is jarring. Yes, people are outdoors, but they're standing shoulder to shoulder. I saw a tweet suggesting that the funeral proper, scheduled for a week from tomorrow, could be quite the superspreader event. There was also a long thread questioning whether the Queen's death might have been in large part due to long covid. She might have, but she was also 96. I see a number of obituaries for people in their 90s or older that indicate no cause of death had been reported. How about "old age"?

But back to the lack of masks. Don't get me started.


1 comment:

Janet said...

Two more of my friends/acquaintances in the orienteering community have tested positive in the past few days. Despite graphs showing cases going down all around, they're sure picking up in my circle of people-I-know but with whom I've had no recent contact.