Saturday, September 10, 2022

The Road goes ever on and on ... Day 408 (908)

As I was lying in bed last night, unable to fall asleep, it occurred to me that I had not posted yesterday. Given that this occasionally concerns people, I am still alive. I am also still testing positive for covid. I have no idea if it means anything--it likely doesn't--but the covid-positive line that took almost 15 minutes to appear, and then faintly, on my first positive test last weekend popped out in less than three this morning. As I work my way through this, I have to keep reminding myself that while this virus initially appeared to be a primarily respiratory one, it affects other systems as well. In retrospect, yesterday was a brain fog day. I realized when I went to bed last night that I had totally skipped the multiple pills, prescription and non-, that I take every morning, nor had I popped open the new inhaler I was supposed to start. I did manage to finish a book, but even that was in fits and starts. As for sleeping last night, the dog and cat slept well, at least until the cat woke up at 4:15. The Professor apparently slept well in the basement guest room as well. I hope to make up for some of the lost sleep in a nap later. 

I finished the Paxlovid yesterday so at least I can  avoid the awful taste it left in my mouth. I'm assuming the drug helped though the after-taste certainly didn't. At least I don't need to stress about the infamous Paxlovid rebound as long as I'm still positive from the original viral course. Sometimes, it's the little things that matter. 

1 comment:

Caroline M said...

If you're not sleeping properly that explains everything else - the loss of working memory, lack of concentration. Whatever the cause it's time for a good old fashioned tick list. Ass students one of the household was known for her lists, I saw one that started "get up". I suppose it's one way to start the day with a win.