Thursday, June 18, 2020

The View from the Hermitage, Day 95

I've been on the computer for a while this afternoon working on my website. I recently pulled picture folders off several old laptops and consolidated them. I'm working on putting quilt photos on the site; today I put up some 2009-11 ones. If you want to check them out, it's

https://www.jeanlightnernorum.com/

The governor spoke today from Northern Virginia, tailoring the message to the Latinx community. The good news is that we're not headed to Phase 3 this week. He said he has weekly chats with the other governors and is following closely the covid-19 surges some have seen. Several of the comments were given in Spanish. I actually understood more than I thought I would. I really should practice it more, but then there are so many things and only so much time.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Spanish, if spoken slowly enough, is something I can usually get the gist of. If I wanted there are plenty of local TV stations in Spanish (do to a considerable Hispanic population in Allentown and Bethlehem). But I don't.

Our county goes Green next Monday. I'll still wear a mask indoors.