Sunday, May 17, 2020

The View from the Hermitage, Day 63

Day 63. Nine weeks. Had someone told me on January 1, 2020, that within five months I would spend nine weeks leaving the subdivision only to take the family dog to a park once a week, I would have laughed. Had I been seeing the daily intelligence briefings prepared for the president, I might not have laughed. I hope I would have seen this pandemic as a real possibility then, but hindsight is always 20-20.

It's been a bit of a do-nothing weekend, and a think-nothing one as well. I needed to wind down a bit. I also needed to bake banana bread (bananas getting too ripe more quickly than anticipated) and bread (stocking up on yeast and flour ten weeks ago was a good idea). Perhaps tomorrow I will again think great thoughts or do great acts. For this weekend, average or lower has been sufficient.

No comments: