Friday, September 25, 2020

The View from the Hermitage, Day 194

It hardly was a stressful or backbreaking job given that I worked part-time, flexible hours from home, but not any longer. Thirteen months after I first said that I wanted to leave, I have officially left. At least I think so. I haven't heard from anyone in the office this week meaning, I hope, that the forms I filled out and returned to them were okay. I kind of thought the boss--for whom I stayed on the payroll these past thirteen months--might email to say farewell, but given that she couldn't keep straight when I was leaving, I'm not surprised. The husband and older son gifted me with champagne this morning which I will open as soon as the husband descends from his office.

There being few distractions today, I am back to unpacking, recycling, donating, throwing up my hands in despair, and whatnot. Where did all this crap come from? And where is it going now? Only time will tell.

The husband has descended, so it is time to pop the cork.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations, and salud!

Caroline M said...

Congratulations, finally