Saturday, October 2, 2021

The Road goes ever on and on ... Day 66 (566)

Covid note for today: The US is approaching 700,000 deaths from covid, a number that is certainly under-counted. There were 675,000 deaths counted in the 1981-19 influenza pandemic, another number that was likely under-counted. The five million covid deaths globally are likely under-counted as well. Would we really want to know how under-counted all the numbers are and were? I truly don't know. 

I was not the only person at the Fall Fiber Festival wearing a mask. Fewer than half the people there were masked, but I'll take what I can get in that regard.

1 comment:

Caroline M said...

Mask wearing has really dropped off here since mid July when it wasa no longer a legal requirement. It was universal on the train where you're close and enclosed for an hour, patchy on the bus and I'm very much in the minority doing the grocery shopping. Maybe I should look on it differently and think that people are doing some sort of risk analysis?