Friday, March 19, 2021

The View from the Hermitage, Day 369

I fought the quilt, and the quilt won? Actually, I subdued Son #2's being-repaired quilt but not without a couple of unexpected side trips. I started to pin it to the new back and noticed a spot I missed when sewing up the worn or torn spots. Looked more closely and found more. Unpinned the half dozed pins I had pinned, and retired to the sewing room to do the new fixes. Back to the pinning table aka the dining room table with a large rectangle of particle board added for protection and pinned the parts inside the borders. As I was pinning the borders, I found three more spots where some zigzag coverup is needed before those parts are pinned. I know I will find more that I may have to fix that will show through the new back, but them's the breaks.

Photos tomorrow. I still need to upload them from the phone to the laptop.

No comments: