Sunday, December 20, 2020

The View from the Hermitage, Day 280

Once again, I got distracted yesterday and failed to hit the "Publish" button yesterday. I learned this when I called my mom and she wondered why I had not written anything yesterday. I did; I just didn't hit the final button.

Not going to post a lot today, but I did find some words this morning that make it into my list of quotes to remember. On Facebook, I follow a writer in Maine named Annie Louise Twitchell. Her post this morning included this:

Tomorrow can take care of itself until I get there.

 She followed up on this in her concluding thoughts:

I don't know where I am, but I do know where I'm going. I'm going to tomorrow, and wherever that leads.

As someone who often finds it hard to keep focus on the present, I needed those words this morning. I need those words right now. And I shall need those words in the future, probably more than I think.

No comments: