Saturday, October 8, 2022

The Road goes ever on and on ... Day 436 (936)

A quickie today in hope that I can afterwards retreat to my sewing room and do some, well, sewing. I had a couple of things crop up or otherwise take more than the intended amount of time today, which have slashed the amount of time I thought I'd have this weekend for me-stuff. 

I read part of a report from the UK Health Security Agency titled "SARS CoV-2 variants of concern and variants under investigation in England." The summary introduces the rapid development of several new Omicron variants starting to appear in the UK. These have characteristics "likely to produce a degree of escape from current immunity in the UK." These variants are contributing to the increase in covid; however, there are potentially other factors contributing.

In a US cohort of 200,000, vaccination reduced the risk of long covid by 30 to 40 percent. Not only that, the protection persisted through breakthrough infections. Reducing the risk doesn't mean you won't get long covid, but the odds you won't are better than if you hadn't been vaccinated. 

Short and not necessarily sweet, but that's it for today. There's a quilt awaiting quilting,

No comments: