Friday, February 12, 2021

The View from the Hermitage, Day 334

I just went out to go up to the mailbox and retrieve the Valentine present I'd ordered for The Professor. The air had a brisk, wintry tang to it. It felt so good, almost like a soothing cool lotion rubbed on my cheeks. It erased some of the stress of the day trying to help The Professor with some computer issues he's been having. Since it didn't erase all the stress, I'm not going to write about the pandemic or impeachment or other worldly matters. I'm just going to put in some photos taken so far in 2021 and possibly comment on some of them. My blog. My rules.

  

I actually took this shot on New Year's Day when I was thinking I should try to do what I did one year and post a photo a day. Given that no photos were ever posted here or on Instagram, you can see how far that idea went. A naked, leafless tree is a recurring quilt idea that, like the photo a day, hasn't really gone anywhere. 


I took these two shots on the morning walk with Son #1 and The Family Dog. The pine trees make me think I'm in Narnia, and they are helpfully or not pointing in the direction they think I should take. I won't say whether I took their advice.

Some freezing or frozen precipitation is in the forecast for tonight, though I can't say that the air out there smells like incoming precipitation. It is nice to have winter for a couple of days. Once The Sons were no longer in school and my duty to drive was reduced, winter got a lot more welcome. That said, we're coming up on the 8th anniversary of what got me the Mother of the Year award for 2013. I need to figure out the exact date and recount that as the day's post. 

Finally, Lauren owes me big time. Lauren who? Hell if I know. All I know is that I found a voicemail on my cell phone intended for someone named Lauren. It was not just any message either, but the offer of a job. The call originated in New Jersey. I returned the call and explained that I was not Lauren though I had gotten a message intended for her. The man whom I had called was very apologetic and also appreciative of the fact that I had taken the time to clear up the situation. I told him to have a nice weekend and said good-bye. As for his being appreciative, wouldn't  anyone have done that? Or am I just that naive?


2 comments:

Caroline M said...

I like looking at photos but not living with snow. I'm still waiting for our white stuff to shift but it is doomed. The night time temperature tomorrow is supposed to be ten degrees (18f) higher than last night. That should mean the rain is really rain and then we'll be back to grey and brown. The sun has been nice, the ice lessso.

Janet said...

As for the voicemail, I might not have returned the call, unless he did it more than once. Nice that he was so apologetic, though.