Saturday, January 30, 2021

The View from the Hermitage, Day 321

If you haven't already suspected, I'm not going to post anything today. It's been a rough week, and I'm ready to shut my mind off life things and do a little weaving. I hoped my brother might email me, but I haven't heard from him. I may call him tomorrow. The thought of his being at home alone makes me wonder how I would feel were The Professor to be gone. I am used to his traveling for his research, but I know he's coming home. If I knew he wouldn't be ... I don't really want to think about that. Mind, disengage now.

1 comment:

Caroline M said...

If worrying can make you prepare for something then it's useful but in this situation it is not. I have a friend whose husband is not expected to live for long and she is preparing for a life alone. She won't have as much tedious admin and emotional phone calls to call centres as I did but their remaining time is blighted by the knowledge of what is to come. We don't know what tomorrow may hold but it doesn't stop us enjoying today.