Saturday, March 26, 2022

The Road goes ever on and on ... Day 241 (741)

Gonna be a quickie today. Company's a-comin' and The Professor and I are battling CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). The only dinner prep left is to slice onions, a job I give gladly to The Professor since they bother him much less than they bother me. Cleaning and straightening up are underway. We will be ready.

The White House has advised giving people over the age of 50 the option of a fourth shot or second booster. Note that they said "option." This is by no means a requirement or even a recommendation. The FDA is expected to issue their own ruling on the issue this week, with the CDC's action coming after. Would I get one? Quite probably. It might even make me relaxed enough to ditch the mask from time to time, but I'm not promising anything. I did actually go out this week to get three pairs of jeans and four dolls at Goodwill. I needed the jeans; the dolls called out to me.

The FDA is restricting the use of one monoclonal antibody treatment in eight Northeastern states and two territories saying that it really is not effective against the BA.2 (sub)variant. This limits the treatments physicians can offer. 

The mayor of New York City said this week that unvaccinated professional athletes could compete within the city limits. Now, unions representing people who were required to be vaccinated or lose their job are upset over a waiver's being given to famous, rich people. I can see why, especially given that some of those non-athlete people were, in fact, fired.

White, high-income, highly-educated people are more likely to report using at-home tests. Who is least likely to use such a test? Unvaccinated people. You may have seen that one coming.  

1 comment:

Janet said...

Tangential remark about onions: I haven't used red or yellow onions in *years*, perhaps decades. I use only Vidalias (or other sweet onions when Vidalias aren't in season) and have no trouble with tearing. Less flavorful perhaps, but still good.