Saturday, September 18, 2021

The Road goes ever on and on ... Day 52 (552)

Another no-pandemic news day. With The Professor and The Sons an hour away so The Sons can run 100 miles (The Professor questions whether he is really their father since he can't see how any of his genetic material would become ultra-marathoners), I engaged in organizing and cleaning up stuff left over from our pack-it-all-up summer of 2020. Now to see if The Professor notices. I also got sections of a new quilt top pieced together until the arthritis in my right thumb made finishing potentially more painful than I wanted to risk. (See photo below.) I also visited Son #1's cat morning and evening. She's a Maine Coon, and we had quite the brushing session this evening. She never appeared this morning. With all that going on, I wrote down but three notes this morning. One was about the White House negotiating to buy 500 million more doses of Pfizer to donate overseas. Another was that all the lions and tigers at Washington, DC's National Zoo tested positive for covid. Finally, a study released by the CDC yesterday suggested that protection against covid hospitalization dropped significantly in the four months after the second dose of vaccine, but for the Pfizer vaccine only, not the Moderna. I wonder if the FDA advisory committee wants to re-think things.

Here's the quilt pieces. I'm still figuring out what I want to do for borders.



1 comment:

Caroline M said...

That's one bright quilt you have there. I had the great idea of cutting out for five at the same time, I'm piecing number 3, number two is waiting for basting and number one is in the queue for quilting. In my mind it went much faster than this.