Tuesday, November 22, 2022

The Road gies ever on and on ... Day 481 (981)

Another slow news day. That does make it easier to get things done. I made the crust for the pumpkin pie I'll make tomorrow. I also made bread; that's in the oven even as I type. No one seems worried about a holiday surge unlike the last two years. Maybe the coronavirus and news thereof are taking their own holiday this year.

I think that a few days ago I mentioned a cruise ship heading to Sydney with 800 people confined to their cabins presumably due to COVID. Princess, Carnival, and Royal Caribbean have reinstated mask mandates and other virus restrictions on some cruises based in Australia and New Zealand. The cruise lines only recently reopened after having been shut down for two years.

Zero COVID continues. Beijing has moved teaching online and urged people to stay home. This may or may not be a good test for China's recent shift away from even stricter measures. Two more elderly people, both with pre-existing conditions, died, bringing the total on the current wave to 12. 

Finally, it was noted in an article on the bivalent booster that it is likely more important to get unvaccinated people their initial vaccination(s) than to get vaccinated people boosters. That does not give you leave to ignore a booster for which you are eligible at an appropriate time. I'll be going as a New Year's present to myself. 

1 comment:

cbott said...

I'm going with a Valentine's Day gift of (self) love for my next booster, based on nothing but a standard (?) 6-month gap between boosters. Got my 2nd boost in August, so February seems a reasonable time to top up.

"Had" to remind readers in another blog I read daily that the vax and boosters don't confer immunity, but rather the opportunity to ride it out in the comfort of one's own home as opposed to the ER (or a hallway outside the ER), possibly with mechanical breathing assistance. Why do people still not understand this?!?

Bird 'Pie