My post before last was the movie meme in which I provided Internet Movie Database keywords to ten movies and asked folks to try to guess them. I know of five people who played, and two of them managed to guess half the movies. Of course, one of the people who played was my sweet younger son who knows the contents of our movie collection as well as which ones I watch for a second or higher time. For the five people who did take the time to try the quiz, here are the correct answers:
(1) love, flatulence, slacker, beheading: Shaun of the Dead, a zombie movie that I had to be persuaded to watch and which was the zombie movie to hook me on zombie movies. Yeah, that's sad, isn't it?
(2) barefoot, resort, gossip, sister: Dirty Dancing, a movie I pull out when all the men are away (which is very rare). As a teenager, I was something of the "Baby" character, needing (wanting?) someone to pull me out of the corner and help me shine.
(3) stabbing, guerilla, disturbing, shower: V for Vendetta, a movie I wasn't sure I would like but that I loved. Hugo Weaving was astounding, playing the entire movie behind a mask.
(4) general, betrayal, motorcycle, strangulation: The Rock, one of my favorite Sean Connery movies and also one of my favorite Nicolas Cage movies. "Uh, sir, he's got both the guns now" cracks me up every time.
(6) licking, dancing, bestiality, bondage: Return of the Jedi, probably my favorite of the Star Wars movies. I made this one a bit difficult in that all the keywords relate to one scene. I wonder how many out there thought this was a porn reference!
Finally, I've been going back and forth about whether to post about the crafty activity that's kept me quite busy over the last few weeks. I had a friend commission some more of an item I gave her as a birthday gift several years ago. She said she'd gotten so many compliments on it over the years that she wanted ten more to give as gifts. Overachiever that I am, I made her ten and an extra twenty to give to people myself. Only problem is that some of those people do check in here from time to time, so if I post the details, I'll ruin their surprise. I'm still pondering, so you'll have to check back to see what I decide.